Monday, November 3, 2008

Model Art: Pere Tarragó's 1/6 scale bikes.


Via: moto scala tarrago
"In order to build a model on scale I always make it starting off from the original model, first I observe the motorcycle in full detail to become completely familiar with its general lines, otherwise it would be possible to lose any detail. I begin to copy or to trace the elements that take engravings, decals, etc. from the real motorcycle; these elements are the only ones that I do not do in my studio.

I begin drawing the frame and wheels with milimetre scale paper 1/6, here it is where construction and assembly of these elements begin. It is then when the motorcycle begins to have a general form, frame and wheels; from this point on I begin to draw the plan and begin the construction of the engine and the rest of the parts until I finish the model.


This it is the moment when one adjusts and check the operation of all the mobile elements of the motorcycle: brakes, clutch, wheels, transmission, etc. Then I dismount completely all the pieces and give them the finishing touch, polishing, nickel, chrome plating, decoration and painting. Then I begin the assembly process again, which takes me approximately between 250 and 400 hours, depending on the model"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Bultaco is georgeous.